Oct 2, 2010

Brush with Celebrity. SCC Video Cameo

Typically, I have pretty good instincts around cameras. That is to say when other people are holding them, I try to stay out of the frame. I really do try, but quite deep in the evening of the final night of the recent Southern Comfort Conference I let my guard down.

My charming friend Aislin spied me walking through the scene of a short interview with a very visible star of the TG universe, Chloe Prince and sent me a link. Chloe is noted amongst other things for her
blogging, the creation of the Pink Essence social network and a very graceful and informative ABC Primetime feature that exposed a lot of mainstream living room dwellers to one remarkable woman’s life.

The second lass swanning (thanks Aislin, I can't really quibble with your language) by Chloe’s left shoulder towards the camera around 15 seconds in wearing the black boat neck cocktail dress is me. The dress is holding up nicely. My makeup, not so much. As to the walk, I cannot recall whether I was going for an amplified hip-sprocket gait or had simply fallen prey to the effects of too much wine, women and song.




It seems as though the embedded YouTube vid is not displaying on iPhones, and perhaps other devices. So here is a link: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rMeYjHsJ3Gs


Next year I think I will use the service doors and avoid the camera crews. In the meantime, I suppose one must in some way note their You Tube debut.

As for Chloe, she is just admirable. A completely genuine person. I attended one of her presentations at SCC, on the topic of living genuinely, online and otherwise. She spoke from a position of authority on the matter, and with such feeling for we “students” in the room that it was all quite moving. There were a few sniffles and many dabbed eyes. Her seminar was one of the things that made conference attendance a real dollar value for me.

If you are not a member of Pink Essence, you should go look around, and join up if you like what you see. You will likely feel more compelled to attend SCC too if you do, so be forewarned.

If you are camera shy you should, like I will, practice your 180 degree turn and retreat move, and do try, my dears, to pay attention to where you are walking.

.............................................................................................................................................

On another note, this post is #200, which is I suppose somewhat of a milestone. Thanks to everyone who has visited, full body hugs to all of you who have left comments. I would have stopped much sooner without you. I suspect there are another couple of centuries still left in me. I look forward to sharing them with you.

Happy weekend all.

8 comments:

Couture Carrie said...

Congrats on Post 20, darling Petra!
Keep up the amazing work, and enjoy your weekend!

xoxox,
CC

Halle said...

LOL, what about "sashay"?...no, I think "amplified hip-sprocket gait" takes care of it nicely! :D

Here's to another 200 dear friend!

Hugs

Petra Bellejambes said...

Thanks CC! You are an inspiration.

Halle, my dear, I actually edited sashay out. It came immediately to mind but felt like a "catch and release" candidate. Thanks for the milestone wishes and your splendid friendship.

Lynn Jones said...

I thought it went rather well. Nice moves, BTW.

Monica said...

Everyone is their own worst critic, and there's a time for that. But you did just fine!

Debra said...

yay you're a star! hehe

Tights Lover said...

Congrats on the 200th.

...and you have nothing to worry about. You're looking good there, Petra!

Jessica De Leon said...

Very cool! I wish I could've gone, alas it was not in the cards this year. Perhaps next :)

 
Subscribe in a reader